Weights

Start weight 309... Surgery Day 297... 8/29/10 284.5... 9/6/10 278.0... 9/13/10 272.0... 9/20/10 273.0... 9/27/10 267.5... 10/4/10 267.4... 10/11/10 267.4... 11/9/10 255.6... 12/13/10 249.0... 1/3/11 242.5... 1/13/11 242.6... 1/29/11 247.0... 2/3/11 238.0....... 4/3/11 228.5

Monday, September 6, 2010

Gross and disturbing....

Warning, not for the weak stomached

This post is not really all that gross and disturbing, I just wanted to label it that way to give warning. People that do not do well with medical stuff should probably avoid this post.

As you can see, I am having some issues with one of my incisions. The rest have healed nicely, but this one is my largest one, and doesn't seem to have healed all of the way yet. When I first had my operation I had staples holding all of my incisions together.

Last week, I went in and had the staples removed. This is the largest incision, and so after they took the staples out the nurse put some medical tape over it to keep it closed. Yesterday the tape came off, and this is what I am left with. Not really sure what to think. It's not all the way open. I know that it looks like it is, but the inside is held together. I am sure that I have internal stitches. So, that combined with the healing has taken place is holding me together.

Yesterday I was concerned about it, so Tom sort of tugged on it and it held. So I guess it's not as bad as it looks. But I think it looks pretty bad.

I have also come to the conclusion that I am allergic to medical tape. There is something in the adhesive that does not do well with my skin. When I first took the bandages off, the skin underneath was red and swollen. And it was more than just the normal skin being tugged irritation. It lasted several days. But when I had the tape closing this incision removed it actually moved part of my skin. The skin peeled off like it had been blistered.

One more thing on the medical front, and this is primarily for those that are thinking about having this surgery or any weight loss surgery for that matter. The first few weeks after your surgery you will be on a liquid diet. Something about liquid diets. When you are on a liquid diet, everything that comes in is liquid, but that also means that everything that comes out is liquid. And passing gas can be sneaky. I think we all know what I eamn without going into specifics.

On the upside, I am almost down 20 pounds. I am just too happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment