Weights

Start weight 309... Surgery Day 297... 8/29/10 284.5... 9/6/10 278.0... 9/13/10 272.0... 9/20/10 273.0... 9/27/10 267.5... 10/4/10 267.4... 10/11/10 267.4... 11/9/10 255.6... 12/13/10 249.0... 1/3/11 242.5... 1/13/11 242.6... 1/29/11 247.0... 2/3/11 238.0....... 4/3/11 228.5

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Obsession

Things are still going really well since my surgery. All the real issues that I seem to have are mental issues. (Yes, I know...I am mental. LOL) Tom, being the loving husband that he is, hid my scale from me earlier this week. Yes, I asked him to do this for me. There are several people that will tell you that you should only weigh yourself once a day. Then there are those that will tell you that it's ok to weigh yourself once a day. But me, well I had gotten to the point to which I was weighing myself 5-6 times a day. And I don't think that there is anyone that would say that is healthy. And obviously I don't have enough self control to stop myself. Therefore, he hid it for me.



The only problem I really have now is that I have NO idea how much I have gained or lost this week. And I won't know until last tomorrow. And yes, I am worried about it. I have heard about people that have lost 65 pounds in the same amount of time as I have. Yes, I get that that is too much weight too fast. But still, I am no where near there. And I am not sure what "normal" is. I think that is also part of the problem.



I did start walking this week. Yes, I was supposed to start walking before now, and maybe that is part of why I haven't lost more. But I went to the mall, and walked around the top floor. I did this on Wednesday. I should have done it more this week, but I really had a busy week. On Thursday I was on my feet all day. And then on Friday Tom's Grandma and Mom came in town, so I didn't have time to walk. Between last minute cleaning and cooking dinner, I just didn't have time. (See, I am the queen of excuses.)



Since I brought up Tom's Grandma and Mom I do have to complain for a minute about them. I'm not going to get into all of my issues with them, because no one has that kind of time. But only what has to do with my surgery. Well, ok, two things. First, everytime my MIL has come down I have made sure that dinner was waiting for her. It's not that big of a deal, just something that I think is nice and I do for her. When Tom's Grandma and she arrive on Friday they are shocked that I have dinner waiting for them. They actually stopped to get food because they didn't think that I would have dinner waiting for them. And why would they think that. Their reasoning is that because I can't eat, they didn't think that I would cook. Ummmm, ok. Even though my diet is limited and I don't eat much I do still eat. And on top of that, what do they think I do with Benjamin and Tom. What, I don't eat so no one eats?



The next thing. Everytime my MIL comes into town on Saturday we go out to dinner. She said that she enjoys taking us out to eat. But everytime we go she will only go to Golden Corral. Even though Tom has told her that she does not enjoy it there. So, when they came down she asked us about that. I told her that I can go out to eat, but it makes no sense for me to go to Golden Corral, rr any buffet for that matter. I can only eat 1/4 cup of food per meal. It makes NO sense to pay $9 for me to eat 1/4 cup. And because of that, she didn't take us out to eat. Not that I care about going out to eat with her. BUT....because I couldn't go where she wanted, we didn't go.

OK....enough for now. Trying not to stress about weigh in tomorrow...but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment